From Finland around the world
Whether Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or TikTok: There is currently a recipe that runs up and down on all social media and is touted by everyone. It tastes delicious, can be made quickly and is therefore particularly suitable for home schooling and families. It is called “Baked Feta Pasta” and it is said to have started its triumphal march around the world on TikTok from Finland – but it can no longer be traced that precisely. In Germany, influencer Michi Brandl made the recipe a decisive success. In our video we show you how it is prepared.
That is the secret of its success
Why is it so successful? As is so often the case, success lies in simplicity: Small tomatoes and feta that are as aromatic as possible are placed in a baking dish with a little oil and spices and baked together for 20 to 30 minutes. Then it is simply stirred and whisked together with the cooked noodles to make a creamy pasta dish.
And the great thing about totally simple recipes is that everyone can vary them to suit their mood. There are now countless variations: a different vegetable or with vegetable spaghetti, goat cheese instead of feta or a vegan feta substitute. There are even people who just cook the pasta right in the oven.
Recipe for 4 servings
- 750 g cherry tomatoes
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- 2 blocks of feta (150 g)
- 12 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp dried oregano
- Salt pepper
- 750 g of pasta
And this is how it is prepared:
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C top and bottom heat or 200 ° C circulating air.
- Wash cherry tomatoes, put in a baking dish. Peel the garlic, chop it very finely and add it.
- Place the feta in the middle. Scatter oregano on top, season with salt and pepper.
- Bake everything together for about 20-25 minutes. The feta should be colored and the tomatoes should be soft.
- Roughly stir the mixture with a fork or spoon.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water according to the instructions on the packet and let it drain slightly.
- Put the pasta in the casserole dish in the feta and tomato mixture and mix everything thoroughly.